NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:28:50 -0800
At 01:40 PM 11/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Maria.  I was just wondering how old you were when your allergies were
>discovered?
>
>Heidi L. :)

When I was six months my mom got the measles and had to stop breastfeeding
me.  I developed eczema.  I guess there were other symptoms but I don't
remember what they were.  I'm told (and I remember later) that I was always
going to the doctor.  At some point, one doctor gave my parents a list of
foods to avoid but I don't know if I was tested or he was speculating.

My parent were young and they were immigrants with a poor grasp of English.
 They didn't know WHAT to feed me if I couldn't drink milk and eat bread.
After awhile they gave up trying because I was getting skinnier and
skinnier but never got better.  I think the docs were idiots cuz they told
my parents I had to drink powdered nonfat milk.  sheesh! as if that doesn't
contain lactose or casein!  At least my parent had an excuse for their
ignorance.

Maria