NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:19:42 -0600
>>Milk IS Nature's perfect food! That is the milk from your own species. The
>>milk of a cow is perfect for a baby cow and the milk of a human is perfect
>>for a human baby. This is where this "perfect food" comes from. Human
>>babies handle human milk wonderfully and the ingredients far exceed those
>>found in any artificial substitute. I am surprised by many of you using
>>baby "formulas" for your recipes-the "artificial Milk" companies are doing
>>as much harm to our health as the "cow's milk" companies-Dairy Council. I
>>don't believe any human needs a cow's milk (think about it and picture it
>>happening directly), but humans also don't need to support the companies
>>that have contributed to many of our allergies and health problems along
>>the way...Cherie Moore

I have been on this list a long time and try to stay out of discussions
about whether milk is right for humans or not, but one other time and now I
feel it is worth it to give a differing opinion than that above.

I feel that cow's milk is not at all appropriate for human BABIES.
Mother's milk is what they should be drinking.  That is the perfect food
for them.  I do feel that after age 1 or later that cow's milk is
approriate.  The ancient science of Maharishi Ayurveda show's in many ways
how milk is a wonderful food for humans.  I think this is why in India, for
example, the cow is held sacred.  I think there are certain things nature
designed.

I think the problem with humans and cow's milk began when people no longer
breastfed their children and instead began giving them cow's milk at birth.
Also, I think it depends on what kind of milk one has.  Homogenized milk,
for example, has all the fat all broken up and the milk is no longer in
it's natural state.  This makes it much harder to digest.  I think in this
country we have gone against nature's design so much that that is what
causes so many of our problems.

Rachele Shaw