NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:39:34 -0400
Ellyn Adler writes:

I called the airline after the flight and they basically
>didn't care as I guess the meal is just a courtesy thing to them.  I
>really just
>wanted to find out if it was an error, or if they are truly clueless about
>meal
>preparation.
**************
I just wanted to let everyone know that at least one airline claims to
care. I just heard back from Northwest:

Dear Heidi Schwartz,

Thank you for your email.  On behalf of all of us at Northwest, I
sincerely apologize for our failure to provide the special non-dairy
meal you had requested.

We recognize how important meal selection is to our passengers,
especially in situations of grave medical concern.  Pleaes be assured
that your comments have been shared with our System Food Service
Director so that every effort can be made to prevent this from happening
again.

We value you as a customer, and for that reason, we have added 2500
WorldPerk bonus miles to your account.  Your future statements will
reflect this change.

We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention.  Please know
that we will do our best to ensure that our customers consistently
receive the quality service they expect and deserve.

Sincerely,

Matthew Nelson
Manager, Customer Relations
Northwest/KLM Airlines

******
Considering the fact that I will never fly Northwest again, these miles are
pretty pointless. The only thing I can figure is that my original complaint
mentioned "food poisoning-like symptoms" and lawsuit from a first class
customer; this inspired them to respond in some feeble manner. I guess the
bitchy wheel does get greased every once in a while, even if it's a
gratuitous blob.

Such is life in a lactose-laden world.

Heidi