NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:12:51 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Creamy Italian Salad Dressing

I found this wonderful recipe  in the Allergy and Candida Cooking Made Easy
cookbook.  As a result of it, my son is now eating salads again with gusto
and took to it just like his old love for Ranch.  It looks like ranch too!

1/2 cup raw sunflower sees
1 T arrowroot or potato starch
1 tsp unbuffered, corn-free vitamin C crystals
1 cup water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp leaf oregano
1 tsp basil

1. Blend seeds in blender on highest speed for 1-2 minutes until they become
a fine powder.  Stop at least once to scrape sides and bottom of blender
jar.  Be careful not create a "butter."  If needed to make it smoother, add
starch and blend on highest speed 1 minute longer.

2. Add starch, salt, garlic powder, vitamin C crystals, and water.  Blend on
highest speed for a minute longer, stopping once or twice to scrape the
sides and bottom of blender jar.

3. Pour mixture into small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly with whisk until mixture is thick yet smooth.

4. Add remaining seasonings.  Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
Chill.  If too thick, add a tablespoon more water.  If necessary, may be
stored in glass jar in refrigerator for a week.  Enjoy.  My whole family
liked this one!