NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:11:19 -0600
also check out http://www.celiac.com for recipes. The Gluten free
mall (found thru that site) also lists what's milk-free and many
other allergen- free (soy-free, egg-free, etc) on it's items.  Oats
are a very good substitute for wheat in that it has lots of
'stick-um', but it can be a heavy flour. Maybe a banana-bread type of
cake using oatmeal will do. I tried some potato breads, and they were
heavy, too. [my children are allergic to milk, eggs, soy, corn, nuts,
and barley, and a few odd veggies- I tested for 6 months going
gluten- free to see if my son had more a gluten intolerance than just
barley]

I usually make cupcakes for my kid's birthdays (and freeze any not
used). If it's a kid's party, all they typically eat is the icing,
anyway :)

I've also made an 'ice cream' by mixing applesauce and bananas
together and freezing them. Even just frozen bananas or oranges are a
treat.