NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Coons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:36:04 -0700
I would get tested.

I recently developed a soy allergy on top of my milk allergy, and so went to an allergist.  The
blood testing did indeed show an allergy to casein, which is the milk protein (I think they did
IGe and RAST, but I'm not sure which gave the positive result).  I haven't discussed the
difference between that and the lactose intolerance, but I've been a label reader for many years
anyway, and can figure out what I can and can not eat.

Testing should lead to further treatment options.

I think you were suggesting that "raw" milk might not give you the same reactions as processed,
pasteurized milk, but I wouldn't necessarily just start introducing it...

http://farechase.yahoo.com/