NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:10:49 -0800
I have heard many people on this list say that their PED says "No allergy
testing is allowed before 3" (as though this is some sort of law?).  My son
was finally tested at 15 months (RAST for a variety of foods) because his
eczema was very bad and I finally complained enough to the PED to convince her
we had better try it.  He came back positive for many things that were also
(invisibly) dmaging his intestines.  We could then remove these.  It is not
always just milk causing the reactions (although milk is often one of children's
allergies).  I urge everyone to disagree with PED's first opinion when they
won't even test!  Sure, their reaction score might not 'match' their physical
reaction (ie. they seem omore allergic on test that than in real life) but
at least you find out what you might have to avoid.  I am so glad I know. My
son would not have been able to take eating so many allergenic foods up til
the e age of three.  My PED called and apologized so profusely when she found
out he "really" did have food allergies.
SUsan.