NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sarah Boudreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:08:02 EST
Yes, we've had to be very careful in restaurants, especially chains like
Chili's, Ground Round, and other family type places.  The servers don't
always know what the meat might be marinated in, or even cooked in.
I had a nice email "conversation" with a manager from the main office of
Chili's who told me we were best to avoid Chili's, as each restaurant is
somewhat different, and as a group they could not guarantee specific
ingredients in any of their menu items.  We do still go there, but my
daughter just orders a broiled steak with nothing on the plate except the
meat.

Sarah