NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 10:03:40 -0500
Hi 0-

According to my information, hvp does not CONTAIN casein.  However, the
process by which it is made MAY utilize casein.  Hence, for the severely
casein-allergic, hvp may cause a reaction.  For most people, though,
it will be safe.  You may risk it or not, depending upon your own
experiences with your allergy.

In my house we don't use bouillion becasue of the salt.  Instead I keep
homeade broth in the freezer.  I boil it down LOTS so that I can maximize
freezer space, then just add proportionally more water when using for soup.

--Beth Kevles