NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 12:11:01 -0500
Carolyn Saltiel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello, I am writing today to find another parent who has a child that has
>IgA Deficiency.

On this page:  http://www.mssm.edu/peds/modell/iga-defi.html

You will find a good 15K discussion of Selective IgA Deficiency from The
Jeffrey Modell Foundation. Mentions association with celiac disease.

> Spencer, who has improved greatly in the past months from
>PDD dx, was tested for Celiac by his gastroenterologist last week.  He used
>a blood test.  There are 4 panels in the test, and he tested negative to 3,
>but positive to 1.

Which one was positive?

>  Also, it looks like we really are faced with
>the gluten free life (now he is dairy/egg free) - with 3 other kids, I am
>wondering if the whole house has to be gf/cf

I highly recommend having a gf/cf kitchen. Reduces the chance for
contamination and a kid grabbing food from someone else. It is a healthy
diet for all.

Don.