NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jj-cupples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:36:21 -0500
Cindy,
Gluten is a protein found in wheat flour, barley, rye, & oats.  To go on
this diet means finding alternatives to bread (usually rice breads, we use
Food For Life Brown Rice) & knowledge of what has flour in it.  A good start
for info is the www.gfcfdiet.com website.  This is a website for autistic
kids following a gluten & casein free diet.  If you think you would be
interested in pursuing this dietary change, I have many websites & links for
info, esp. on premade foods to order.   Most autistic kids have sensory
integration problems.  We have been seeing an OT for years for Sensory
Integration therapy & it has been helpful.

Janice