NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 00:12:29 -0500
On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Judith Murray Griffiths wrote:

> pretzels contained any milk products.  The sales person had no idea and
> didn't offer to find out.  I have the expectation that people know what
> they are selling, or, are at least used to people asking about ingredients,
> but I'm finding that most look at me like I'm nuts.

Welcome to the real world.  Most food vendors have absolutely no idea
what's in what they sell.  I was slowly poisoned in college at the student
cafeteria even though I asked the cooking staff at each meal which things
had and did not have dairy.  They cooked the stuff and had no idea.

Best bet in those cases is look for the box.  Those pretzels come frozen
in a big box of pretzels, and typically, you can find an ingredient list
on the box.  Whether or not the ingredient list is truthful, accurate, or
meaningful is a topic for another message :)

 Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |