NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:36:18 +0000
>    Then parents added those foods back to the diets of the 70
>    children.  Within 4 months, the middle ears became reclogged in
>    66 of the children, a result that reinforces the link between
>    food allergies and persistent ear problems, Nsouli and his
>    colleagues note in the September "Annals of Allergy."

I doubt that this proves that there is a link between food allergy
and ear infection.  I'm not saying that there isn't, but almost any
allergy can lead to ear infections, food and airborne.  I still get
ear infections from time to time as an adult and ALL have been the
result of my body reacting to airborne allergies (mold, pollen, dust,
etc).

Four months is a long time to wait before a food allergy would
start to affect someone.  My food allergies hit me hard in a very
short period of time.

Laura
ICQ# 5152233

"I'm tryin' to contain an outbreak here and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!"
   -- King of the Hill