NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:05:39 -0400
>Thanks to Helen Fenerty for so faithfully passing along the OU kashrut
>alerts.  Apropos the recent discussion of the question regarding the
>reliability of the kosher parve designation...aren't these mislabelling
>alerts coming at an alarmingly frequent rate, lately?  Or is that just
>my imagination?  Is this the reason for the FAN's concern over kosher
>parve, or is it about the way the parve kosher designation works, in
>general?

As I understand it, FAN's concern is regarding how the pareve designation
works, in general, and not due to the frequency of the alerts.

By the way, you can subscribe to the kashrut alerts and automatically get
email whenever there's a new one. They've also been carrying some of the
FAN alerts on their allerts update. You can also subscribe to the FAN
alerts in the same manner. Just visit the respective web sites to sign up.

MArk
Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120