NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:25:53 EST
In a message dated 3/20/99 10:49:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< My son gets hives/rash from skin contact and is also anaphylactic to milk.
 Aside from his first reaction, he has only ever had trace amounts and still
 gone into shock from them.  But, on the bright side, our allergist has told
us
 that skin reactions and ingestion reactions do not necessarily go hand in
 hand.  His skin reactions are becoming fewer and farther between.

 -- Sally (Peter 2+, allergic to milk, eggs, & peanuts)

Well that is interesting, and somewhat encouraging, that they don't go hand in
hand.  However I won't be testing that theory anytime soon!

My son has not been officially "tested" for the allergy, because I have not
felt confident with the info the local allergists give me over the phone.
Besides, from what I understand, even if he was tested, they could not tell me
how severe the allergy is.  The main reason I would want him tested is to get
and epi-pen for him in case of accidental ingestion.

Thanks,

jen