NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Carrie L. Micko" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:34:30 -0600
> "I understand cow's
> milk protein sensitivity and diabetes go hand in
> hand, as do enlarged tonsils and adnoids, which
> also plagued all of us." Carrie
>

> could you tell me where you found this information?
>    Thank you.
>      Sue

I read it in a newspaper article in probably the St. Paul Pioneer Press in about
1991 or 1992. I confirmed it in a conversation with my family doctor. There has
been a medically known connection between juvenile onset diabetes and milk protein
allergy for at least 20 years. I may have seen it in a home Medical handbook, too.
I believe it is also written in the book by Frank Oski, Don't Drink Your Milk!  He
connects many unexpected symptoms to milk problems. I've seen it scattered in
various publications since then, possibly in one of Rodale's Allergy Self-help
books. Interestingly, Rodale also connected a false positive test for diabetes to
corn sugar allergy, which saved me a lot of grief in 4 pregnancies, and even got
me out of the test for the last two. The first test nearly killed me. I mention it
because several have mentioned corn allergy on this list before.