NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Slotterback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 11:26:24 EDT
I recently read an article that suggested that milk allergic individuals
may be able to tolerate cheese made from 100% sheep's milk. Specifically
the article mentioned French Feta, Pecorino Romano, and a cheddar like
cheese named Casio de ??? (Sorry, I don't have the article with me right
now.) The article explained that sheep's milk is less allergenic that
goat's milk.

Has anyone had any experience with cheese made from 100% sheep's milk?
My daughter's milk allergy is not life threatening (a delayed response
allergy involving the digestive system) and she misses cheese very much,
especially on pizza. We have experimented with many cheese substitutes,
but her allergy to soy makes it that much more difficult to find an
acceptable substitute. We tried VeganRella cheese substitute made from
Brazil nuts, but she did not like it. She does like the taste of Tahini
mixed with garlic powder on vegetable pizza in place of cheese. I am
thinking of trying a sheep's milk cheese, but would like to hear from
anyone who has any further info.

Thanks.
Joanne