NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 16:18:05 -0400

>Finally don't be afraid to let him have the french fries from time to
>time.  They really are good for him ;-)  If you want, make fried sweet
>potato slices/fries at home.  Yummy and very good for him!  This reminds
>me that we haven't had sweet potatoes in ages...

It's not the fat  that makes fries junky - it's the hydrogenated fat and
some of the other ingredients. But you can either make your own with your
favorite non-hydrogenated oil (corn, olive, safflower, soy - not canola, it
can't take the heat), or buy some healthy premade ones at your local
whole-foods grocery. An alternative would be to buy potato-only frozen
fries and then brush them with oil and bake and/or broil or pan/deep fry.

If you're rich and peanut oil is not a problem, taro chips are great.

MArk
Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120