NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 00:13:26 -0800
> >I have the identical problem but do not assume there was damage done.  I
> >don't know about you but I'm pushing 50 and I just think that my body is
> >changing and I have to listen to it.
> >
> >Judith Griffiths
> >

> Ladies, I have the same problem and have cut cooked fats out of my diet
> completely (to get enough fat in my diet to be able to use the fat
soluble
> vitamins I stir in some fresh olive oil after the food has been cooked)
and
> I'm not lactose intolerant but casein allergic. So I don't know about the
> lactose intolerant connection. Suspect it is due to the "good fats bad
fats"
> idea more than it is dairy intolerance(s) and allergies.

Hi Smiles ;-)
Isn't "good fats and bad fats" a problem for high cholesterol and heart
disease and not of food intolerance?  I think it is just a coincidence,
the fact that you have problems with what you call 'bad fats', since there
is plenty of "bad fats" I can have, and then fried foods I cannot.  And it
is NOT an allergy, it is a lack of enzymes to digest it, problems with the
gallbladder (or not having the gallbladder any longer), problems with short
bowel, but nothing to do with "good or bad fats."  BTW, do you have
problems digesting eggs?  The Yolk?  Probably not.  And then try a teaspoon
or two of the "magic" fish oil.  I almost died last time I tried THAT
"good" fat.
Take care,
Chao,
Monica