NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy M Straman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:00:53 -0500
We take our son to an allergist, and our Pediatrician recommended it.  I
like to get as many opinions about the allergies as I can.  We also go to
a Dermatologist for his Eczema.  Every little bit helps.

Sandy

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:36:50 -0700 Arizona <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I took my 10 yo. son to the doctor because of skin irritations ( he
> broke
> out in hives? anytime his skin was scratched or rubbed).  The doctor
> said it
> was "Dermographism" and did a blood test to see if he was allergic
> to any
> foods.  MILK is what he is allergic to.  I always wondered why his
> eyes were
> dark underneath!
>
> Cheese has been the hardest item to do without!  What has your
> experience
> been with Goat cheese?  Do you find there are reactions to it as
> well?
>
> I found a cream cheese alternative called "Better than cream cheese"
> made by
> Tuffuti.  It's made with soy.  They also have a sour cream that is
> okay.
>
> Is everyone with a milk allergy seeing an allergist or just a
> regular
> doctor?  Our regular doctor is taking care of it, but I feel like I
> need
> more information such as what are the proteins to watch out for
> (besides
> casein and whey) etc...what else can he eat?  Should we be taking
> vitamins
> since we are not on dairy?
>
> Just curious as to what your experiences were.
>
> Laurie

To e-mail an Avon order, send to:  [log in to unmask]
To phone in an Avon order, call:  525-6219
To fax an Avon order, send to:  525-4943
or visit my website online to order at:  www.youravon.com/sstraman