NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 15:39:03 -0500
>I too am looking for a "cheese tasting" substitute!
        Hi everyone,
I'm currently in the process of putting together (on my web site first and
then uploading to the list when it is finished) a data base of dairy free
living information.  (I'm actually going to include on my site info on
living with allergies--and since I'm allergic to all animal source proteins,
I don't want to offend anyone by not telling you in advance that my site is
also meat free--for those of you who aren't meat free substitute any of your
favorite sources of protein where I have beans, lentils, or nuts as the
protein base).
        Please feel free to visit and take recipes you are interested in off
of my site.  Also, if you have a favorite dairy-free recipe feel free to
send it to me and I'll include it for everyone.  When I've finished putting
together all of the  recipes and substitutions (and I have a good start--but
there are so MANY that still need to be typed in) I'm going to send the
file(s) to Max so that they can be put on the list recipe data base for
every one to use.
        Although it is just in its VERY humble beginnings: feel free to stop
by and check it out. The cheese substitute recipes can be found at:
http://agape.doit.wisc.edu/dmh/vegan/cheese.htm
       The next project I'm working on is adding a section on making
cheese-free pizza taste great (that's something I've been experimenting with
recently--yummy!) :)