NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KPresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:45:44 EST

<< Now we're trying Nalcrom - does anyone have experience of this?

Hi Jane,

My son has been on Nalcrom for 4 years  to help calm his eosophogeal reflux
condition. He is allergic to milk protein and we are looking into what other
food items as well. This drug has been a life saver and has significantly
reduced his periods of reflux and vomiting.  The nalcrom he takes is in
capsule form and is diluted in hot water and taken 10-20 minutes before
eating.  It is specific for gastric conditions however and since he suffers
from eczema I can't say that Nalcrom has significantly helped his skin flare
ups. Upon moving to the U.S. from Canada last year I was shocked to learn that
it is not available here and have had to make arrangements to get the drug
from Canada. Well worth the effort and cost however.

Best of luck with Catherine!!!

Kind regards and happy holidays to all!
Karen