NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 01:26:29 +0200
calcium is more than just bones.
another interresting website for the more those of you with special interrest:

http://www.ummed.edu/dept/sanderson.lab/

Seems like calcium also is used to get troublesome parts from proteins in
the food out of the body thru mocusa.
It also plays a very basal role in neurotransmition, or communication
between one system in the body and another or to or inside the brain.
Lack of calcium from food, makes the body get its needs covered by the
large calcium depot, the bones... (high milk consume vs. osteoperose..)
So does increased need for Ca.
And lack of inositol (normally from unsaturated fatty acids ?) a
part of the B - vitamin complex, hinders the mobility of the calcium ions.

I have to tell I am never diagnosed as milk allergicor LI, but I have been
bothered by rhinitis, bronchitis, bunions (big toe large joint enlargement)
and inflammation of the sceletal membrane.

and, is there anybody on this list who would like to comment on this:
the saturated fat of the milk and/or need for white blood cells elsewhere
than the gut to absorbe fat from food, will block the ability to obtain
inositol from its most common nutritional source (phospholipids).
Inositol in pure form as a sugar alcohol however are absorbed into the blood
stream, and not in the lymph system.
Would coffe affect the bodys ability to absorb 'healthy fat'?
However, coffeine (coffe, tea, *chockolate*,Coke) in some way sets calcium
ions free,
and clears the mind. But the caicium will end up in the urine, and ---
also result in the need for more calsium intake.

BTW, I am not a professional, in this field anyway...

Stay in motion!
Martin Finne,
Trondheim,
Norway.