NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heather Horowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:53:11 -0500
I have had celiac disease for 35 years.  Celiacs cannot tolerate wheat,
oats,
rye or barley, and must adhere strictly to a gluten-free diet.

There is lots of help for you with gf products, cookbooks, mail order
vendors, etc. at the sites listed below.

Celiac/Sprue Association, P. O. Box 31700, Omaha, NE 68131 publishes
yearly a
Gluten-Free Commercial Products Listing - over 100 pages of gf/wheat
free
foods you can buy in your super market.  You can order it by mailing
$8.00
(including postage) to CSA/USA at the above address.  I would also
recommend
you become a member and recieve their excellent newsletter called
"Lifeline".

There are excellent web sites on the gluten-free diet and celiac disease
as
follows:

National Celiac Organizations:

CSA/USA Inc. - [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]
Celiac Disease Foundation - http://www.celiac.org/index/html
Gluten Intolerance Group - http://www.gluten.net

The Celiac Page - http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/
The Celiac Support Page - http://www.celiac.com
The GF Page - http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/
Celiac Discussion List Archives:
http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/thodge/archive.htm

Medical Web Sites on Celiac Disease

Mayo Clinic Dept. Gastroenterology - Dr. Joseph Murray
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/9810/htm/celiac.htm

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/69/3/354
"The Widening Spectrum of Celiac Disease by Dr. Joseph Murray, Mayo

Columbia University Medical Center - Dr. Peter Green, Gastroenterologist
http://cpmcnet. columbia.edu/dept/gi/celiac/html

Information from your Family Doctor -
http://www.aafp.org/patientinfo/celiac.html

National Digestive Disease Clearning house on Celiac Disease
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/celiac/index.htm

Sprue Nik Press Medical Articles:
http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/sn/spinmed.html

Info on the GF Diet
Gluten-Free Kitchen -
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2579/index.html
Linda's Wheat Free Food Forum - http://www.nowheat.com/fooddb/index.htm

Gluten-Free/Casein Free Diet:  http://www.gfcfdiet.com

If I can be of further help, please e-mail me.

Jane Trevett - New Haven, CT