NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Coloura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:36:13 EST
I seem to be the opposite.......I cannot tolerate any dairy while pregnant.
Both pregnancies.....it made me violently ill. Talk about weird.

Just food for thought. Sorry can't be of much help elsewhere. Only thing I
can figure is that your body makes itself able to tolerate it for you for the
baby. I guess hormones are so different while you're pregnant. That's all I
can figure out.

Elaine

> >  >One more thing I am curious if anyone else has
> >>experienced this.  During my first pregnancy, I found
> >>that I was able to consume any form of dairy!  As soon
> >>as my son was born, however, my GI tract went right
> >>back to being lactose intolerant.  My docs were
> >>dumbfounded by this and unable to explain it.  Has any
> >>one else had this happen or maybe know why?  (During
> >  >my second pregnancy - there was no recurrence of this.

Elaine