NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 01:18:07 +0100
> It's there, and is ok in appropriate quantities.

The nutrition is a part of our culture. Agriculture is a new phenomena in
a genetical context. Lots of us suffers from the commercial diet. It is the
same commercial diet that made us able to make the technological
progression we actually did. The medical science made us cope the problems
that evolved from the radical change in diet from the times before we
started farming
and 'milking ;-)'. It is roughly 10000 years since this change started. The
common
height of the farmer was much lower than the gatherer / hunter. Today we
are
getting almost as tall as our preagro ancestors.
But : for the last few hundred years (not to speak of the last 50), the
industrialisation
of the new agrobusiness has exploded. We get dairy and grains in almost all
meals,
new input several times each day. These nutritions are the same as
intodused less
than 10000 years ago.
Today, we ( westerns that is )eat  these troublemakers concentrated and put
them in
lots of different foods.
When I started on a no-milk(and glutenfree) diet, I was scared by the
amount of added
proteins ther is in food. Now I wonder what will be a possible way to
change this extreme
diet we all get by gathering our foods in the stores.

I belive milk is there becuase it is easy available, and had some
beneficial values.
I don't think that makes it *well* suited as food, but an alternative to
starvation..

Martin Finne.
( who miss a huge chockolatecoated vanilla ice-cream :-/ )