NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellyn Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:30:25 -0400
Myra wrote: <I've had problems from parve ice cream. Don't know why.>

I have "problems" with some parve ice cream also, although no where near
what happens with dairy consumption. I've determined those problems are
from the products' high fat content, high corn syrup/sugar content and/or
soy content, all of which, in large amounts, generally aggravate my
oh-so-delicate digestive system.

If I have a little bit of the product, I'm fine. But, due to years of ice
cream deprivation, it's hard to have "just a little," especially with some
of the better-tasting substitutes!