NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 18:22:02 -0400
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:15:10 -0700, LeAnne Deardeuff <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

}  Cheryl, I had taken the children off all food except
} meat and vegetables. Then added things back one at a
} time. Then I cooked from scratch so I never tested
} then on the related ingredients list. We did scratch
} for 10 years. My children after about a year could
} have butter and only mozerralla cheese and monterey
} jack cheese. Probably due to food colorings. We had
} ice cream last night and my normally quiet son is off
} the wall today. This is 15 years into no dairy. What
} did we learn, we ddidn't out grow the allery.

If your children were exposed to butter and cheese then you cannot say
they had no diary.  The consensus is that one can outgrow a diary
allergy only with no exposure to the allergens.

Best regards,
Alex.