NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
D Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:26:54 -0600
Cathy O'Connor wrote:

>  Fleischman's Salt Free margarine is not
> only dairy free, but it also non-hydrogenated.

I purchase this product in stick form in the US.  My box states that it
contains partially hydrogenated soybean oil as the 2nd ingredient.  I agree
with all the other good features that you mentioned for this product, but don't
see how it is non-hydrogenated.

> I have learned that it is available in both Canada and the USA. It is a
> great consistency for frying, baking etc. (but make sure you buy the
> regular, not diet), and you get used to not having all that salt, which
> although I realize less salt is healthy, I did miss it at first.

Less salt is not always healthy.  I have hypotension related problems and
my cardiologist wants me consuming LOTS of salt.

Denise