NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janine Rae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:16:41 -0800
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:50:43 -0500 Darlene Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> My son had chronic ear infections, 37 recorded Dr visits by age 34
>months.
>He had tubes put in also.  I have been told I have chronic bronchitis
>because
>I get a bad case about 2 times a year.
>When son had asthma atack, he was put on a nebulizer.  Kept it 8
>months and
>did a lot of reading in that time.  He always had the allergic
>"shiners" too.
>Read about milk connection and removed dairy from his diet. 2 weeks
>later he
>was symptom free.  Both kids drink Rice Dream now.   Son is ADHD & OCD
>too.

What is OCD?

> Not sure if daughter has it or if she is imitating brothers.  (Our
>oldest
>son -age 11, was reacted to dairy as an infant but has no apparent
>problems
>now, tho he has ADD.  Youngest son age 18 months - not sure about
>him...he
>has allergic shiners but no other symptom.

Darla,
I am fairly new to this listing but have some questions.  Are all your
kids off of dairy?  Have they been tested via an allergist for allergies,
or did you do a multiple elimination diet at home or what??  The reason
I'm asking is because it seems that maybe they are allergic to more than
milk.  ADD could be result of or aggravated by  allergy to sugar or dyes
or preservatives or something else.  The 18month old is allergic to
something.  Would be good to figure out what it is before other symptoms
besides shiners start occuring.   Anyway I guess I feel since I'm new,
maybe that is why I am clueless, perhaps everyone else knows about your
kids and their history.  I would be interested in hearing more.
Janine