NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 21:01:49 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:56:19 -0500
From: Summer Countryman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HHF RE: Herb infused olive oil

Subj:  Re:herb infused olive oil
Date:  95-06-01 17:47:14 EDT
From:  Kappo

  Take any herbal combination you enjoy,  I like rosemary and garlic,  a
good greek combo is rosemary, garlic, tarragon and mint...

infuse the herbs in the olive oil by heating the oil to it's smoking
point.  Then let it cool, strain it,  and store the oil in CLEAN dry
bottles.  I recomend boiling the bottles before using.  These make
great gifts.  You can add a sprig of herbs for deco after you strain
it.  Remember, garlic gives oil a VERY strong garlic taste, if you
want it more mellow, try blanching the garlic before adding it to oil,
or remove it from oil sooner.

-- Orange and mint is a nice combo (use orange zest)
-- Thyme and rosemary
-- sage and coriander
-- any number of combos, just keep in mind what you will use it with
-- Add balsamic vinager, or red wine vinager to the oil/herb and wala,
salad dressing!!