NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:16:00 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Off GFCFDiet list

Spanish rice

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I have a great rice
recipe (its sort of a Spanish style veggie risotto):

Sauté some chopped veggies (whatever you have, I.e. carrots, celery, green
onion, red peppers, mushrooms) in a pan with a little olive oil.  Then add
rice and sauté for another minute or two.  Then add equal parts water,
chicken broth and tomato juice (I believe Heinz is ok but check the gfcf
list), plus salt and pepper (or other spices such as pepper flakes) for
taste.  You can also add beans at this point.  The total amount of liquid
should be 2 and 1/2 times the amount of rice.  Cover and let cook.
Sometimes it takes a little more water (you can add a little as you go)
since the veggies absorb some water.