NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karin McDonough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:38:03 -0700
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Molly Johnson<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> No-Milk list,
>
>    I have two questions, my husband and I are going on a cruise in 2
> months. The cruise lines says please call ahead and let us know if there are
> any allergies present, so they can make accommodations.

I have gone on several cruises and have only had issues a couple of
times.  While letting the cruiseline know in advance, your best bet is
to go to the dining room after you get onto the ship and speak with
the maitre'd.  It's the crew on the particular ship that will be
providing your meals, and letting them know directly works best.  For
dinners, they have brought me the menu after the meal (which is not
the best time to select your menu for the next day), and are then able
to provide my meal without dairy.

Eating in the Lido restaurant can be more challenging, but the crew
has always been willing to find out what is in the food.

Enjoy your cruise!

Karin McDonough