NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shirley Sippel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 11:16:18 -0500
Tori Hocking wrote:

> Jane,
> about 90% of the rhinitis goes away when I stop dairy.
>
>  What sort of foods would I have to experiment with to determine the
> difference between lactose intolerance and milk protein intolerance?
> Can anyone else comment on this also?

I would suggest trying the lactaid milk.  It is supposed to work for
those with lactose intolerance.  If you still experience the same
symptoms and the lactaid milk is the only source of dairy, then you
would probably be safe to assume that it is not lactose intolerance and
that it is milk causing the symptoms and therefore a protein allergy.

Shirley