NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 00:56:45 -0600
Robert Cohen 1-888-not-milk wrote:

> I'd like to call for a vote.  If you want me to disappear, please post
> publically.  If recipes are what you want I'll be happy to leave as
> quickly as I came back to this list.

I don't see this as a ballot cast - only an opinion.

I do love a good debate - among people of opposing viewpoints and
similar interests.  I do not feel though that this group has that.  Most
of us, although far less eloquently, are already convinced of milk's
problems or we wouldn't have ended up here.  I can certainly see room on
this list for some debate over topics related to how to stay away from
milk - but I do not see the need to debate WHY we should be staying away
from milk.  That information should be on web pages advertised in your
taglines.

We all have pet causes.  I have several very tall soap boxes right here
next to the computer myself.  I try very hard, however to remain civil
and to type smart.

What I truly distain, Robert, is the fact that you have begun name
calling again.  Sorry, but I have two little boys who love name calling
and haven't yet learned it is not polite despite my constant eforts.  I
see your Mom had the same problem.  I don't like being judgemental, but
on this list you always end up resorting to that.  Why?  Why is it that
if someone doesn't agree with you lately you insult them and call them
names?  This is neither a good debate tactic or highly intelligent
(which I feel you probably are but find that difficult to ascertain over
the internet).  What happened?  Get into some sour milk?

--
Kathy Wentz              I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
[log in to unmask]      If you're going to have one, why bother to