NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 11:09:39 -0500
Thanks so much for all your input.  Someone mentioned they didn't want to scare me.  I AM scared!  I work at a university in Indiana.  The daycare is part of the university and is very strict about orders.  Almost everything has to come from a doctor.  I personally believe the parent should give the instructions on how to care for their child(ren).
I never ever liked this doctor my son goes to.  I know some of you may say  "why do you go to him"?  Well he happens to be the only Pediatric Pulminologist/Allergist that works at Riley Hospital for Children located in Indianapolis.  I expected he had to be the best...right??  He is very rude, offers no info on food allergies and also told me Epi-Pens shouldn't even be prescribed for food allergies.  Right then I knew this was a bad idea.  I have seen my son's reactions.  Many times I thought I would lose him.  One Dorito chip threw him into anaphylactic symptoms.  Luckily I was able to administer albuterol immediately and rush him to the hospital.
Anyone have any ideas for an Allergist in Indiana, preferably specializing in food allergies, or know where I could get any ideas??
It's time to switch!!

Thanks Again
Kelly