NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:37:16 -0600
Here's my recipe for pumpkin bread.  Every kid I've known has loved
it.  It's got vitamins from the pumpkin & fat for the growing toddlers.
Alyssa is also allergic to eggs, so I use EnerG Egg Replacer in this
recipe.  I also have an oatmeal cookie recipe that's good with the
egg replacer.

Laurie (and Alyssa, 11-14-94)

Pumpkin Bread (or muffins)

3 1/3 cups flour
2     tsp  soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1     tsp cinnamon
1     tsp nutmeg
1/2   tsp ginger
1/4   tsp cloves
1     cup oil
4         eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer for Alyssa)
2/3   cup water
1     tsp vanilla
2     cups canned pumpkin (I use one can, which is about 2 cups!)
2     cups white sugar
1     cup brown sugar

Mix dry ingredients, including sugars, in a bowl.  Make a well and add other
ingredients.  Mix until smooth.  Divide into 3 greased loaf pans (3 big ones,
or six mini loaves, or lots and lots of muffins).  Bake at 350 for 1 hour (a
bit less for smaller loaves/muffins - maybe 40 minutes).

===============

Oatmeal Cookies (chocolate chips/raisins optional)

3     cups Quaker Oats (from their recipe book, slightly modified)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2   tsp salt
1/2   tsp soda
1     cup margarine (dairy-free for Alyssa, Hain Safflower margarine is good)
3/4   cup brown sugar
1/2   cup white sugar
1     egg (Ener-G Egg Replacer, again)
2     Tbls water
1     tsp  vanilla
1     cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)

Mix dry ingredients.  Cream margarine and sugars.  Blend in egg, water and
vanilla.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix well.  Add chocolate chips or raisins.

Drop by spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 13-15 minutes at 350.