NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Coloura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:38:47 EST
My son couldn't tolerate breast milk, enfamil, or soy milk. He 's on neocate
which runs us about $500 dollars a month.  Yes, there is a high crossreactive
rate of babies allergic to milk and soy. I guess their protein structure is
very similar. At least that is how it was explained to me. I've also heard
that babies who don't have gammoglobulin (spelling??) are and can be allergic
to breastmilk, even though doctor's tell you that it's impossible to be
allergic to breast milk.

Just my two cents worth.

Elaine mommy to Caleb 17 months...allergic to everything and still on formula.