NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawn Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:31:08 -0600
At 12:03 PM 11/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>I've been searching today for a tofu jerky recipe... thought someone had
>posted it not too long ago yet I can't find it.  Does anyone have one?

        SOURCE: http://www.vegsource.com/recipe/

Tofu Jerky

     a few bricks of extra firm tofu.
     1 cup of liquid smoke
     3 cups of soy sauce
     3 TBSPs of brown sugar

well i do it with a dehydrator but i suppose you could do it in the oven.
anyway, you mix the liquid smoke, soy sauce, and brown sugar
together. then cut the tofu into 1/4" thick strips. let it sit in the marinade
overnight. take the strips out and put them in the dehydrator. let them
dry for about 8 hours or until everything is chewy and very dark
brown.

Serves: as much tofu as you marinate.

Preparation time: about a day and half.