NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 08:56:51 -0400
Art Weeks-- Does it also follow that calcium lactate wouldn't have lactose
either? I keep wondering about stearol-2-lactylate which shows up frequently
in bread locally. There was a post some time ago but I don't recall the
details. Do you happen to know what that compound is? And, more importantly,
does it contain lactose? Someone mentioned that lactic acid can be derived
from milk but doesn't have to. Is that correct as far as you know? Many thx
in advance.