NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:44:30 -0400
Megan wrote:

> Though more than slightly off-topic.  Whether something is pareve, kosher
or
> not is not the subject of this list.  I am sure there are plenty of lists
> for discussing the minutae of kosher classifications.  Something may be
> neither pareve or kosher but still be milk, casein and lactose free, which
> is, after all, what we are here for.  Pork and seafood, for example, are
> perfectly safe for someone who is avoiding milk, yet neither is, of
course,
> kosher.

Some people rely on "Kosher parve" markings when choosing their diary-free
food, as an alternative to reading the ingredients list, trying to decide
whether ingredients like "natural flavouring" are safe, calling the company,
talking to a PR-droid and finally deciding "to hell with it..."

Any discussion of "the minutae of kosher classifications" *in this context*
is explicitly on topic and I don't remember any other aspects (religious or
otherwise) discussed in this group.

Slight deviations from the topic can be expected (and tolerated) in any
conversation.  If I strayed too far, I offer my apologies and will try to
exercise better judgement in the future.