NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Weavre Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:53:41 -0400
Hello, Amanda,

Pasteurizing milk kills microorganisms that might live in it, and changes
some enzymes. The lactose is present in both pasteurized and raw milk, as
are the milk proteins.

Some people are sensitive or allergic to the chemicals--such as antibiotics,
etc.--found in ordinary commercial cow milk. These people may be able to eat
organic milk from cows that weren't given these antibiotics and didn't eat
foods containing the other offensive substances. Depending on what you're
reading, the primary advantage of the raw milk may be that it's organic.
This won't help if you're either lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy,
but would fix your problem if you were actually allergic to, say, an
antibiotic commonly given to dairy cows.

Ms. C.