NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Lingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 20:57:56 -0500
 My first-born reacts anaphylactically to dairy and began to do so as an infant.  I was advised by my child's allergist to breastfeed exclusively and omit dairy, eggs, wheat, soy, nuts, peanuts, fish and shellfish from my diet for the entire first year that I was pregnant with my second and third children.  I stuck to it pretty well on the first go (with the second child) and no allergies have developed (she's almost three).  I have not been as strict, and have eaten some dairy with the baby who is now ten months - again, to no reactions.  I don't know of any research to support or condemn this method - this is simply the advice that I was given and it seems to have worked successfully.  Peace of mind might be worth 6 months more without dairy??...

Hope all works out well,
Elizabeth Lingle  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com