NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 07:58:16 -0500
Cherie Moore wrote:

>Please contact me at my personal e-mail
>and I will send you info. if you are interested.

She does this so her vegetarian biased information can't be rebutted on
this discussion list.

> I agree with many of Don's
>factors, except the phytic acid argument has been disproven many times
>since many countries where people are consuming 60-80 grams of fiber a day
>(of many whole grains) are experiencing no osteoporosis.

I'm sorry but it has not been disproven. Matter of fact osteoporosis is
beginning become a factor in these developing countries from all the grain
sent to them by the developed world. You have to remember that grain, like
dairy, is an extremely new food to the human diet. 5,000 years (for those
of European descent) isn't long enough for evolution to have weeded out
those that can't handle these foods.

Don.