NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 20:11:22 -0800
I called Pillsbury!  But I didn't feel I got an accurate answer from them.   She
(customer service rep.) stated a law that I have never heard of - companies are
required by the FDA to disclose the top 17 food allergens on their labels.  Then
she said that ingredients are often purchased from different companies and they
are allowed to reformulate every three months.  WHAT??   Then the usual "make
sure you read your labels" - dah!  Sorry I struck out!  Sounds like she thought
it depended upon which plant made the products.

Oh and I called Hershey today and they said they are still taking a survey for
those of us hoping they keep the dairy out of their dark chocoalte bars.. you
can still call them at 800-468-1714 to voice your opinion.