NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 22:05:11 +0000
Another piece of anecdotal info: we have three children,
all atopic to some extent. Our first used to kick up
quite a fuss in utero when my wife ate certain foods.

Our first child is in the allergic 2%, with multiple,
life-threatening food allergies. My wife felt terribly
responsible, knowing at some level that in utero
exposure had contributed. She significantly restricted
her diet for children 2 and 3, and breast fed them for
more than a year, staying on that restricted diet. They
have milder asthma and allergies and no food allergies.

That doesn't prove a link. There are clear genetic
differences among them (the most allergic is left-
handed, they are of different heights at comparable
ages, etc.).

But it may have made a difference.

Mark