NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vanspengen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 18:57:55 -0800
For those of you who are rotating foods, here is a griddle cake recipe I have not tried
as of yet.  I for one love new recipes with alternative flours and ingredients, so lets
share them in the New Year.  It helps us all to cook more healthy for our families by
rotating our foods. This creates a lesser chance of creating new allergies.

GRIDDLE CAKES

2 cups buckwheat flour
2 cups cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar (opt)
add to dry ingredients
about 2 cups of soy/rice milk or water
1 Tbsp oil

Mix together, don't worry about stirring out all the lumps.  Just add enough liquid so
batter can be easily handled on the griddle.  I hope they work out for you.  I plan to
try the recipe this week.  I am a big vanilla fan so I would add some to the wet
ingredients.

Valerie NS