NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SDidinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 20:54:21 EDT

<< If a mother has to
 stop breast feeding for some reason and does not want to use a regular or soy
 formula, what choices are there if there is a family history of problems to
 these products?   >>

Hello:

I am mainly a lurker do to time constraints but I do know about formulas . I
have twins and was unable to breastfeed due to medical problems. Cole was fine
on Isomil. Clayton went trhough every formula. THis is how it went: Isomil.
Isomil DF, Nutramagin, SImilac, Isomil, Nutramagin. When he was 6 months old
and eating no food they put him on Neocate. Neocate is an amino acid based
fomrula that contains no milk or soy at all. There is also a Neocate 1+ (Clay
is on this now) that is for babies older than one and also is amino acid
based. Clayton has been diagnosed with sever multiple food allergies and
eosinophil gastroenteritis and sever reflux. He has now been on Neocate for
almost 8 months. He is now 13 months and the Neocate still makes up more that
98% of his diet. He still has probelms, but I do not have to worry about him
screaming mever time he has a bottle. Neocate must be orderd by a doctor. If
you have any questions let me know.

Sharon