NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:02:27 -0600
> : Concerning the child who had severe rash upon contact with milk, I
was
> : wondering if that child was also anaphalctic to ingested milk?

My son gets hives on his skin from contact with any milk product.  My
other son (not milk-allergic) dripped yogurt on his brother's foot -
one little drop - and the whole foot was swollen for a couple of hours!

Ingesting the slightest little bit of milk  sends him into a severe
asthma attack, with stomach cramps, diarrhea, hives on face, eyes
swelled shut, runny nose, etc.  He's 11 years old and was diagnosed
with milk allergy at 12 months, has been off milk products completely
(except for the occasional accident) since his first birthday.  It's
not going away.

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!