NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katie Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:24:31 -0800
I have found that kosher meals work best for lunch or dinner.  Breakfast
is often dairy.  We have had varied success with airline meals.
When the meal has actually been there, it has generally been excellent.
 Unfortunately, we have had several times where the meal was not there -
and once where they served it to someone else.

We always take food along.  The kids are now old enough to carry their
own backpacks with toys.   These days, my backpack has a book or two for
me, surprises for the kids, and food.  For a breakfast flight, poptarts
are favorites.  Both my kids think they are great unheated.  I take
apples, crackers, small packets of cashews sometimes, and fruit snacks.
 I also take juice boxes since when the kids were little, they always
wanted a drink when drink service was not going to happen for a while.
 I take gum for take-offs and landings.  This last time, Rebecca added
one of the new foil packets of tuna fish.

This Christmas, being thus prepared was a godsend.  None of the flights
had meals.  San Francisco airport was a zoo.  We all ended up with
poptarts and apples for breakfast!

Cheers, Katie